Saturday, November 7, 2015

Thank you CAS card

I recently got this roses stamp set from Craft Emotions (a Dutch stamp company. I really love their style and these roses are just amazing. For this card I used the middle flower as the focal point of a very simple card. I am so addicted to the WOW Super Fine Clear Gloss powder. I love water coloring images that I stamped in black and then embossed with it. I love the subtle shine the powder gives and especially with an image like this one (where you have quite a lot of solid area). This is why I wanted to enter it in the SSS SO Glossy Monday Challenge. I love adding gloss to my cards with embossing powder. The super fine powders give a very smooth result and when layered, a great dimension as well.

I also love the Color Throwdown challenges and the color pallet for this week( #367) is just gorgeous:) So I used those colors to watercolor my rose. I didn't have a green that came close to the challenge color, so I had to mix my own:) Which I love doing:) I used the Spectrum Aqua color Moss and Slate to achieve that. I have to say that my trial mixing batch came much closer than what you see on the photo. I added too much Slate color when I was painting the panel .However, the color photographed even darker, in real life it is more vibrant.



I used Distress ink in Abandoned Coral for the light rose color and Spectrum Aqua's Rose pink for the shadows. This worked out much better than my green experiment:) I was going to add Wink of Stella (another glossy goodness I love) but I loved in so much like it was. I used a watered down version of the green to color the center of my flower, just to give it some depth. I wanted to leave it mostly the card color (an ivory off-white like the third challenge color)

I stamped and heat embossed a sentiment from a Your Next Stamp stamp set called Whatnot Sentiments. I love love love this stamp set. It has the most common used sentiments (Congrats, Celebrate, Cheers, Hello and Thank you) whirtten in this beautiful script style:)


To finish off the card I mounted it on a pearlescent grey/silver card base and  I just love it! It is so simple and beautiful and I am making some with all different sentiments! It has some gloss where I heat embossed the rose and the sentiment. 

That is all from me. Hope you liked the card and see you soon:) 

Have a great day,
Vessy

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog

3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card and I adore the stamped image, it creates such a wonderful focal point! Thank you for sharing your project and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! LOVE that flower and your coloring! Thanks SO much for playing along with The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete