Monday, November 2, 2015

CASEing Genius Challege entry- inspired by Deepti Malik



On year ago Kelly Latevola started the series "CASEing Genius" where she creates a card inspired by the card of one amazing and talented crafters. It is just such a great way to discover new talented fellow card makers and I am grateful for that.

To celebrate, she is hosting a CASEing Genius Challenge which I HAD to take part in!

Here is the genius I got inspired by : Deepti Malik. Her blog is Dee's Art Utopia and here is her "CASEin Genius" article. I got inspired by this card:


I like CAS cards that are bright and colorful, but I have a hard time with staying CAS sometimes.:)  I have had this idea for a card for some time now, ever since I got this ArtDeco stamp set with the small solid bid stamps, but I was struggling making a card I like with them. This card gave me the push and the inspiration I needed. 

THE CASE:

I used 3 stamp sets: The flower is from Aladin, the birds from ArtDeco and the sentiment from Hero arts. I water coloured the background with Muster Seed and Fossilised Amber Distress inks. Then I heat embossed all the stamped images. I couldn't help myself and added some black sequins. They are not on the original card, but I wanted to make it my own as well. The sentiment I stamped in the upper left corner because I somehow forgot to leave space at the bottom. I still like it though:) Also WOS-ed the yellow area, what can I say, I like sparkly, it also matches the pale yellow card base, also sparkly:)

I want to get off topic for a sec and just say that my new acquisition- the VersaFine Onlyx Black ink is just A.M.A.Z.I.N.G., I cannot believe I didn't buy is earlier! 

Here is the end result! Hope you like it! 






I want to nominate Sandy Allnock to be a Genius! I love her work and she definitely deserves to be CASE-ed. What a wonderful artist!


Have a sunny day!





4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous CASE of Deepti's beautiful card. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is beautiful! I love your take on Deepti's card. Those sequins are just gorgeous.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Kelly. Big fan hee:) Geeking out:)

      Delete