Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Yellow Zinnia watercolor card- SSS Monday challenge

Hello all,

I finally decided to enter a Simon says Stamp challenge, the Simon Says Monday XYZ challenge.
I wish I had something from SSS, but it is so difficult to order from the US here in the Netherlands.

However, I decided to try my drawing and attempted a Zinnia flower.  I also was itching to play some more with my new Spectrum Aqua markers. I had to re-draw it probably 10 times (I am such a perfectionist) but it turned out nicely in the end. At least I like it.

I made a shaker card out of the center (just for the fun of it) and put some colored sequence and a yellow sequin flower to continue the theme. I backed the shaker with a piece of paper I colored with two distress ink (just simple blending- Spiced marmalade and Mustard seed).  The card still looked flat just sitting lonely on top of the yellow roses pattern paper I used to mat the 5" x 7" inch card. The paper I got as a present so I have no idea where it came from. My best guess is from Craft Sensations.

I found some Marianne Design flowers in my stash to join for a small bouquet and my card was done.

The sentiment I used is from a Hero arts stamp set- Big Hugs. I love the sentiment in this set, but most of all, I love the small bird and the butterfly- they are soooo cute. I was tempted to add one of them, but I stopped myself in time. I may be finally learning how not to overdo things, yaaay!


The photo doesn't do justice to the colors but it is best I could do, not being in the studio tonight. 

Have a sunny day! Toodles

Vessy
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog



2 comments:

  1. Lovely Zinnia! I am happy you decided to join in on the challenge with us. Your card is gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us at SImon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. Love your challenges:) And I will join again soon, it's so much fun!

      Delete