Friday, October 9, 2015

Autumn is in the air throwdown

I love autumn! Although I prefer hot weather (as I am constantly cold), I love the colours of autumn! And this season in the Netherlands is actually quite warm and pleasant!

I have been wanting to make an autumn card, but I was struggling with the colour pallet. Then I saw the new Color Throwdown challenge and I really loved the pallet for a soft dreamy card:) As the SSS Monday challenge was also autumn themed I though to enter it for that one too:)

I basically stamped and heat embossed some leaves, loosely colored them in the challenge colour and hand wrote my sentiment. I coloured them lighter as they were falling down. But when I was done something was missing.



So I splattered the two darker colours but it was still not ready for me. That is when I saw a small solid leaf in the stamp set I was using (from Aladine). I put some colour on an acrylic block, dipped the stamp in it and stamped it for a loose, faded effect:) And then it was done:)

autumn-card

Mounted it on a pinky-saffrony-colored shimmer card base, Winked of Stella-ed the leaves and Hey presto- READY!

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, I love the faded effect. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely background! Beautiful fall card! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those faded leaves in the background!! Great sentiment!! So glad you joined us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete