Saturday, May 9, 2015

Mother's day Watercolor card+ stamping with distress inks

For Mother's day, I created this card for for my mother-in-law, a lovely happy colorful woman.Mother's day in Bulgaria (my home country) in celebrated on the 8th of March, so my own mamma already got her card.

For this card I used techniques, totally new to me- coloring with watercolors (Distress inks and markers) and masking (for the leaves) . I love my first attempt at this, the Spectrum Aquas in particular are soooo easy to use. I thank all the great women, who have tutorials on water coloring on YouTube, I could not have made it without you!



I used a flower and leave stamp from Aladine's new 'Fleurs' stamp set and a butterfly stamp from 'Butterflies' stamps set by Hero arts. The sentiment is from 'Big Hugs' stamp set, also by Hero arts.

I stamped the images in 'Memento luxe' Tuxedo black ink and the sentiment in Distress inks . I colored the images with Distress inks and Spectrum Aqua watercolor markers.

I will list the colors I used below the photo.

I messed up the back (inky fingers, what are you going to do...), so i decided to stamp the small butterfly from the Big Hugs stamp set in various Distress ink colors and the dandelion from the Fleurs stamp set to cover it up. I love how it turned out.

I popped up everything on foam tape to give some dimension and edged the card with the three colors of ink I used on the sentiment as it was way to white for my taste.

Mother's day crad


  1. Colors used on the Butterfly:

    • Distress ink: Peacock feathers

    • Spectrum Aqua: Orchid and Wildflower.

  2. Colors used on the Flower and leaves:

    • Distress Inks: Mowed lawn, Spiced marmalade, Fired brick and Mustard seed

    • Spectrum Aqua: Moss, Begonia and Spice

  3. Colors on sentiment:

    • Distress Inks: Fired brick, Spiced Marmalade and Peacock feathers

  4. Colors of small butterflies:

    • Distress inks: Peacock feathers, Fired brick, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard seed, Picked Raspberry, Seedless preserves, Salty ocean

  5. Dandelion

    • Distress inks: Frayed burlap

No comments:

Post a Comment